Sunday, April 5, 2009

What's happening, y'all?

First, let me introduce y'all to some people. They are all near and dear to me and more important for our immediate purposes, I'll talk about them a whole lot - which means y'all will read about them a whole lot.




First is my husband, Gary. He of the dishwashing, breakfast cooking, wife supporting, Lincoln Log house builder, Barbie dresser-upper, camo-wearing, huntin' watching, and butt-busting skills. He's a keeper.


Next we have our eldest daughter, Annie. Her absolute favorite snack is "apple an' chee." Her least favorite thing? Coming inside.





Third is our baby daughter, Grace. Short in stature, she makes up for it in volume and temper. I have no idea where she gets that from.




In the clean-up position we have my mother. Also short in stature, but she's way more mellow than I am. She's the Oscar to my Felix. Yes, that means I am slightly OCD about the cleaning thing. Shaddup.





Our third base coach (to stay with the baseball theme) is my father. He is multi-talented, like the rest of us - sensing a theme? I think his greatest joy in life is a well-baked apple pie.





Umpiring this whole circus - from afar, he's not insane - is my grandfather. The girls call him Big Pap. I call him a saint for taking the heathens out to lunch once a week at McDonald's. Which you know is code for Momma Time. Ain't he sweet?


If you hang around here for any length of time, you'll discover that I do not pose for photos. You'll just have to look at my kids and imagine how devastatingly gorgeous I am.

No comments: